3.13.2016

Revive the Guncannon


Click here for the full album
Story Time
When I came home from my ship at the very beginning of 2016, I knew I had to get some training done before I signed on my ship again. In this case, I was told specifically, Helicopter Fire Fighting, and Damage Control in New Jersey. Now, because they gave me a rental car as well, I decided to take the hour trek to a little warehouse known as Gundam Planet. That is where I decided that the Trojan Trio needed a reunion tour.


Background
For those who do not know, this is one of the three prototype mobile suits that escaped a Zeonic assault on Side 7 when they discovered a new Pegasus-class Mobile Suit Carrier known as White Base or as the Zeeks call it, the Trojan Horse. This happens in the first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam 0079.


The Build
From the type of plastic that is now injected to make these runners, to the standardized poly caps that have been around for such a long time. I cannot help but to feel spoiled when building Gunpla kits. Especially with kits that have released recently. It is as if Bandai has come up with the perfect mixture of plastic and placed all the gates in discrete locations to allow clumsy people like myself make small pieces of plastic look great when put together. With the revive kits, Bandai has taken all their lessons learned and injected their new found wisdom into previously spectacular kits.

In the case of Guncannon, it is everything I expected out of a new Earth Federation Gunpla kit, except for the fact that this kit is based on the 1999 Guncannon, the first ever high grade in the 1/144 scale which had no clear visor, but a sticker for the visor. From more effective use of poly caps, to the softer plastic used in the grey runners, it all feels as if these are a step above high grade.


Conclusion
I am having the hardest time trying to write this article because there is nothing to bash about the kit, and I cannot explain in words why this simple kit has made me so happy. So instead, I shall explain by placing some photos.





Well, I know I did not put much text on this kit, but I hope that you will try out the thirty-fifth anniversary revive series and experience how Bandai has learned from their past.

No comments:

Post a Comment