3.02.2015

Mecha Analysis: G no Reconguista Episode 22


Previously on Mecha Analysis
Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 20
Gundam G no Reconguista Episode 21


We continue Mecha Analysis with episode 22 of Gundam G No Reconguista. Something to keep in mind when looking at the mechanical designs of Gundam G No Reconguista: The ones responsible for mechanical design are as follows,

  • Akira Yasuda, known for designing mechs in Turn A Gundam, Code Geass and Overman King Gainer.
  • Kimitoshi Yamane, notable for mechanical designs in G Gundam, Gundam SEED, SEED Destiny, SEED Stargazer, IGLOO, and Eureka Seven: AO
  • Not much can be found about Ippei Gyobu. I think he's new.


Episode 22
This episode introduces quite a bit of technology to its viewers without much explanation. I was pretty confused and was watching particular scenes on repeat to figure out what the characters were referring to. I'm not sure if I like this - how will Tomino cover all of this in the next 4 or so episodes? Will we be seeing even more new suits or are we preparing for the end game right now?

Jirahha


This massive one-legged suit shows up. Not sure what the actual name will be, but from google translate and the name that Gundam Guy labeled it, the suit comes up as Jirahha. I guess we'll see what it is later on in the show.


The first thing we see from this mobile suit is its size. Comparing it to the other mobile suits in the image above, I wonder if we'll ever see a Gunpla kit of it. Probably not.


At the end of the episode, we see it show off its shields which happen to also disable the mobile suits around it. I have an inkling feeling someone will be dying in this mobile suit...


Zansgatt

Yet another grunt suit! No features are shown in this episode, though we do see a custom Zansgatt later in the show to be piloted by Kerbes.


This suit looks okay, but the head looks pretty silly. I'm not sure if I care for this suit - I liked Kerbes' previous suit, the Recksnow (Rex No or something), much more than this, but he was also overdue for an upgrade. I guess it can't be helped.

Montero

I never thought I'd see this suit again! Klim Nick's mobile suit is now a mass produced mobile suit.

G-Self
 

 The protagonist suit gets a new pack: the Perfect Pack! This pack looks similar to the Space Pack but with more clear blue parts. The kit, like Try Burning Gundam, will be effect parts galore.

ALL THE EFFECTS!

One weapon we see from this new pack is the photon torpedoes. Sparkles emit from the back pack and magically removes objects in its path. This weapon is quite scary yet no one seems to react to it.


I wonder what else this new pack will bring to the table on this show's final leg.

Trinity and Dharma

These two suits are only teased in this episode as 'still in development.' I'm not sure what role they'll play in the next couple of episodes, but they certainly look like they're not going to be on the protagonist's side.
It is hard to see in the show, but the Trinity, from the concept images on the g-reco website, is shown to have three legs. What is the advantage of having three pointy legs? I guess we'll see soon enough.


The Dharma (Dahack? I'm so confused...) is a suit with a large heat resistance shell. Practical? I cannot say. Strange, definitely. Somehow I have a feeling this suit will be short lived.

That's all I got for now. I know I missed one, but the suit made such an insignificant cameo, I did not feel like including it this time. Maybe when it actually attacks the protagonist will I write about it. See you later this week for the next episode of Gundam Build Fighters!

No comments:

Post a Comment