2.21.2015

Mecha Analysis: G no Reconguista Episode 21


Previously on Mecha Analysis
Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 19
Gundam G no Reconguista Episode 20


We continue Mecha Analysis with episode 21 of Gundam G No Reconguista. Something to keep in mind when looking at the mechanical designs of Gundam G No Reconguista: The ones responsible for mechanical design are as follows,

  • Akira Yasuda, known for designing mechs in Turn A Gundam, Code Geass and Overman King Gainer.
  • Kimitoshi Yamane, notable for mechanical designs in G Gundam, Gundam SEED, SEED Destiny, SEED Stargazer, IGLOO, and Eureka Seven: AO
  • Not much can be found about Ippei Gyobu. I think he's new.


Episode 21
A lot of nice animation in the action scenes this episode. One thing that continues to stand out to me is the respect people have for their surrounding, especially for the delicate ecosystems that exist in space colonies.


Gaeon

As we saw in the previous episode, the Gaeon has additional armaments attached to the arms and the back. The back-mounted finger-like beam weapons can be used as funnels (or disposable rocket-propelled beam rifles?). We also see the Gaeon attach to the Conque de Venus, also referred to as "The Oven."


Conque de Venus reminds me of the Apsalus III from 08th MS Team. I like the design, though we will probably never see it as a kit (or in the anime ever again).

Gastima

Besides getting owned by the G-Self in a fist fight, a feature we see on the Gastima is the armaments on the right shoulder. We see it fire a beam weapon followed by a drum of rockets that slide out from the side. The more I see of this mobile suit, the more I grow apathetic towards it. I like the asymmetry, but man is it not memorable.

Z'Gocky

I was laughing at the line in the image above. It is a direct reference to the amphibious mobile suits of the Universal Century, more specifically the Z'Gok. We do not see too much on this mobile suit except for some sort of spinning weapon in the mobile suit's palm. I'm not sure what to think about this mobile suit, but I do like the legacy it carries.

G-Lucifer

This was an unexpected entrance for me. I always thought the G-Lucifer was to descend from the heavens and own whatever was in its path. Instead, we have the two side characters pilot it out of a G-IT warehouse, stolen in the name of Captain Mask!


Though nothing more is seen about this mobile suit, I am really happy that it did not follow the expected formula of suit introduction. I am thinking it will be handed over to the Masked man and will eventually become the rival suit against Bellri and his G-Self. But that is only a prediction, anything can happen at this point.

That is all for now. I hope you stick around, I have a feeling much more content between Morgenroete Munitions and myself will be coming up! See you next week!

Also, as I've been including in every Mecha Analysis post, please check out the first annual Gunpla Lollapalooza that is taking place right now on /r/Gunpla. You can click the links above or go to GunplaLollapalooza.blogspot.com. Registration for this Gunpla competition ends on March 13th, so please make sure you do what is required. Hope to see you in the competition!

No comments:

Post a Comment